- Keep the boiler room clean & clear of all unnecessary items. The boiler room should not be used as a storage area
- Use boiler operating logbook, boiler history card
- Ensure that all personnel who operate or maintain the boiler room are properly trained on all equipment, controls, safety devices & upto date operating procedures
- Ensure that a thorough inspection is done by a competent authority
- After any extensive repair or new installation of equipment, make sure a boiler inspector re-inspects the entire system.
- Monitor all new equipment closely until safety & efficiency are demonstrated
- Use boiler operating log book, maintenance records & manufacturer’s recommendations to establish a preventive maintenance schedule based on operating conditions, past maintenance, repair & replacement that were performed on the equipment
- Observe equipment extensively before allowing an automating operation system to be used with minimal supervision