GENERAL WORKING OF Boilers
- See that there is sufficient water in the boiler and the gauge cocks are working freely
- See safety valves or open cock on the top of boiler to allow air to escape
- See that the blow off cock is fully closed & tight
- See that safety valves and feed check valve are free & workable
- Note if the pressure gauge pointer is Zero
- See that the feed pumps is in working order
- Ensure that the boiler room is free of all potentially dangerous like flammable materials or mechanical or physical damage to the boiler or related equipments. Clear intakes & exhaust vents.